Cotton's Finest - October 2020
Meet this month's Cotton's Finest: Mike Carmack, Director of Remote Site Catering.
1. What is your role on the Cotton Team? What are three words you would use to describe it?
A: As Director of Remote Site Catering, I am responsible for the day-to-day operations of remote site services in West Texas and Southeast New Mexico. When needed, I also travel to assist with emergency response jobs throughout the country and the Bahamas.
The three words I would use to describe my role are: Quality, Food, and Service.
2. Where is your favorite place in the world?
A: I like being in the water - on a beach, a lake, a river, or a mountain stream - with my wife, 2 daughters, and 3 grandchildren. I also enjoy riding my bike and have taken several 7- to 10-day bike rides. So far, I have ridden through 30 of the lower 48 states and my goal is to ride to all of the lower 48. I once rode 4,442 miles in 8 days from San Antonio, TX to Washington State and back!
3. What does “Cottonuity” mean to you?
A: We are all one: we work together as a team, our roles are interchangeable, and we support one another.
4. How does Cotton go above and beyond for our clients?
A: Cotton doesn’t turn down a client’s request. Whatever it is, the answer is YES because we want to make sure our clients are fully supported.
5. Tell us something about yourself that might surprise us!
A: I was born in Izmir, Turkey.